With all of the decadence of the holidays on the way out, we get ready to greet the New Year and new resolutions with these super tasty and ultra moist Apple Oatmeal Muffins. Thanks to a fair amount of applesauce, these perfectly sweet and flavorful muffins are a healthy start to any day!
I know, it’s hard to get the family to eat anything you might call healthy…but these muffins are so soft and moist no will ever guess that they’re healthy! Top them all off with your favorite granola brand or flavor and you have a wonderful batch of hearty breakfast muffins that the whole family will happily eat.
On top of being a fantastic breakfast choice, you will love how easy these healthy apple oatmeal muffins are to make! I know that I really appreciate good recipes featuring a quick and convenient one-bowl method of mixing!
We love these muffins, and hope that you do too! Enjoy!!
Apple Oatmeal Muffin Ingredients
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Oil
- Low Fat Buttermilk or buttermilk substitute
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Organic Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Ground Cinnamon
Desserts with Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Molasses Raisin Cookies (aka WWII Cookies)
- Old Fashioned Irish Oatmeal Cake with Caramel Pecan Frosting
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins (this page)
- Chocolate No Bake Cookies (without peanut butter)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 large egg (beaten, room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup apple (chopped, fresh or dehydrated apple chips)
- 1/2 cup bear naked vanilla almond granola (optional, or use your favorite brand)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and either line your standard size muffin pan(s) with paper liners, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet batter ingredients: egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, low-fat buttermilk, applesauce and sugar. Add the salt, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon and combine thoroughly.
- Add the whole wheat flour and stir to combine, then add in the old fashioned oats. Stir in the oats, then fold in the chopped apples (or dehydrated apple chips).
- Portion batter into each of your prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins with granola, then bake on the middle oven rack at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15-18 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the oven and allow to cool in the muffin pan for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.