Cookies and desserts paired with candy are always a hit with kids, and this Chocolate Chip Rolos Cookie Bites recipe is no exception. For those choc-o-holics out there this is definitely one to print out and try!
I’m not the chocolate fan in our family, but these were fun bites of gooey chocolate caramel goodness.
My husband just loves, loves, loves chocolate chip cookies…they are his number one requested dessert despite everything else I can come up with. Crazy! I know.
And the kids would never complain about having cookies on the counter, but I think that these caramel chocolate chip bites managed to disappear even faster than the classic and in demand chocolate chip cookie!
Chocolate Chip Rolos Cookie Bites Recipe
- 1 c (224 g) butter (2 sticks)
- 3/4 c (150 g) sugar
- 1 c (220 g) brown sugar (light)
- 2 eggs (large, beaten)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (7 g) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1.4 g) salt
- 3 1/4 c (390 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c (270 g) chocolate chips (mini or chopped in a food processor)
- 48 Rolos candies (roughly 48, we used 1 1/2 12 oz packages, unwrap the Rolos)
- Melt butter and pour it into a large mixing bowl or your stand mixer bowl. Add sugar and brown sugar while the butter is still hot and mix until combined well. Allow to sit and cool for a few minutes (around 10-15 minutes).
- Add baking soda and salt, and combine with the butter and sugar mixture. Add beaten eggs and combine thoroughly. Add flour and mix until the flour is moistened, then add chocolate (chips or chopped pieces). Refrigerate the dough and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and butter your mini muffin pan(s). Scoop heaping teaspoon portions of the cookie dough and press them into each muffin cavity. They should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are a nice golden brown, then remove from the oven and press a Rolos candy into the center of each cookie bite. Allow the cookies to cool completely while still in the pan over a wire cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!