Leftover Prime Rib Dip Sandwich is a hearty and full flavored use of your leftover prime rib roast!
Perfect for an easy early dinner on Christmas day if you’re done with cooking holiday meals on Christmas Eve like I am. Or maybe for you it’s the day after Christmas before you really get to relax and enjoy all of the leftovers and gift baskets that are now packed into an overly full refrigerator.
Any which way, great prime rib roast leftovers deserve equally tasty leftover meals!
Now apparently the trick to having enough of your leftover prime rib roast, is to NOT leave the cut prime rib out on the counter with a still-in-training puppy around. Our 4 pound portion got cut down to about a pound and a half in the blink of an eye. I’m telling you, I had barely walked into the kitchen adjacent office. Mr. Athorable must have used his ninja dog skills. Meanwhile the older lab was laying where I had left her…but looking like she knew the storm was coming!
My best cut slices were gone, but the smaller pieces and ends are still wonderful! We embraced the mishap and watched the movie A Christmas Story so we could giggle when the Bumpuses dogs steal the Christmas turkey.
What to do with leftover prime rib roast or roast beef??
Enjoy some of my other fantastic leftover prime rib recipes include the wildly popular recipes for Leftover Prime Rib Beef Stroganoff or the post Christmas breakfast dish, Leftover Prime Rib Hash, the rich and hearty Leftover Prime Rib Beef Barley Soup with Mushrooms, and our easy to make Leftover Prime Rib Tacos and Leftover Prime Rib Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich.
How To Make Leftover Prime Rib Dip Sandwich
In a saucepan, bring any leftover au jus (or consomme) to medium temperature.
In a large skillet or frying pan, add olive oil and bring to medium high heat and the oil is shimmering. Add sliced leftover prime rib beef and season with course ground salt and pepper. Cook until warmed, about 4-5 minutes.
Ladle about 1/2 cup portion of the au jus (or consomme) into the pan, and add the tbsp of butter. Serve on toasted hoagie or torpedo rolls with ramekins or cups filled with the leftover prime rib red wine au jus.
Leftover Prime Rib Recipes
- Leftover Prime Rib Beef Stroganoff (Prime Stroganoff)
- Leftover Prime Rib Hash
- Leftover Prime Rib Beef Barley Soup with Mushrooms
- Leftover Prime Rib Tacos
- Leftover Prime Rib Dip Sandwiches (this page)
- Leftover Prime Rib Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
Leftover Turkey Meals
Leftover Prime Rib Dip Sandwich
- 3 c leftover prime rib red wine au jus ((see recipe) or beef consomme)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb leftover prime rib roast (thin sliced for sandwiches)
- course ground salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 sandwich rolls (hoagie or torpedo rolls)
- In a saucepan, bring leftover prime rib au jus (or consomme) to medium temperature.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, add olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Add sliced leftover prime rib beef and season with course ground salt and pepper. Cook until warmed, about 4-5 minutes.
- Ladle about 1/2 cup portion of the au jus (or consomme) into the pan, and add the tbsp of butter. Serve on toasted hoagie or torpedo rolls with ramekins or cups filled with the leftover prime rib red wine au jus.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!