This light and tangy nectarine cobbler recipe is the perfect summertime dessert! Or if you live in an area of the country where the winter months are long (like us), it will bring at least a feeling of summer to your dreary day…
Nectarine Cobbler Recipe
My obsession with cobblers began in my late teens and has carried over to adulthood, and this is one of my husband’s favorite desserts now as well. It started with a childhood friend’s mother who made peach cobbler on a regular basis, but I always thought to myself how much better it would have been with fresh fruit…and, I like nectarines much more than peaches.
So, here is my version of Nectarine Cobbler for you to enjoy!
To Make Your Nectarine Cobbler…
To get started on this recipe, preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (162 degrees C). Place butter in your pie pan or a 9 x 9 baking dish and melt in the oven during the preheating time. Next, combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl: flour, baking powder and sugar.
You just need to combine them enough that the baking powder and sugar are evenly distributed throughout the flour before adding the liquids…
You can add liquids separately or combine the milk and vanilla extract (which I typically do) in your measuring cup prior to adding either to the dry ingredients. Either way, add the milk and vanilla extract to the combined dry ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter. Prepare your nectarines by slicing and cutting into smaller chunks, then coating with sugar and/or orange zest.
Once your oven is preheated and your butter has melted in your pie pan or baking dish, transfer the batter to the baking dish.
Pour the batter directly onto the melted butter, then add the sliced nectarines on top of the batter.
Do not stir.
Place your cobbler in the oven and bake at 325 degrees F (162 degrees C) for one hour or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cobbler. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
Nectarine Cobbler Recipe
- 1/4 c (57 g) butter
- 1 c (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
- 3/4 c (150 g) sugar (plus optional additional 1/8 c/30 g for fruit)
- 3/4 c (180 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract (we used the caviar of 1 vanilla bean)
- 2 c (450 g) nectarines (sliced)
- orange zest (from 1 orange, optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (162 degrees C) and melt butter in your pie pan or 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and sugar. Add milk and vanilla extract. Mix until batter is smooth. Slice nectarines and (optional) add sugar and/or orange zest.
- Pour batter into melted butter in your baking dish. Add fruit on the top, do not stir into the batter. Bake for one hour at 325 degrees F (162 degrees C) or until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!