No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie Recipe
This No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie Recipe is so much fun, I get to play with graham crackers, jello, and whipped cream as well as snacking on the fresh strawberries while I slice them! And better yet, it’s even more fun to eat! I love the cinnamon graham cracker crust and the jello cream layer with the cut strawberries in it, plus the whipped cream layer makes for stunning slices and a very complimentary fork full of flavors.
For the graham cracker crust you will need graham cracker crumbs (pre-packaged or crush your own), sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. I used my stand mixer and mixed the dry ingredients before adding the melted butter. Transfer the crust mix to a well buttered 9 inch springform pan and press the crust down to make an even bottom layer, and I pushed up a bit of a built up edge along the outside ring of the pan. Once the crust is in place, refrigerate the pan and crust.
While the crust is in the refrigerator, prepare the strawberry filling by combining the strawberry jello and boiling water in a large mixing bowl. Stir the jello until the granules are completely dissolved before adding the cold water and ice cubes. Once the cold water and ice has been added, keep stirring until the the jello has thickened slightly. Next, stir in the Cool Whip and whisk until it reaches a light and fluffy appearance then stir in the chopped strawberries. Add the strawberry filling mixture on top of the graham cracker crust (using sliced strawberries along the edge is optional) and refrigerate for 6 hours, keep refrigerated longer if needed until the strawberry filling has thickened.
In the last step you could use store bought Cool Whip (you would need about 4 cups worth, or two of the large 16 oz Cool Whip containers) or you can make your own chantilly cream as pictured here. Chantilly cream is whipped cream that has been sweetened, typically with vanilla. For our version we are adding both confectioners sugar and vanilla extract that we will add to the 2 cups of heavy cream to make the 4 cups of chantilly cream (heavy cream doubles in volume when whipped). Begin with refrigerating the bowl that you will be using, either your stand mixer bowl or large mixing bowl if using a hand mixer. Once the bowl is cold, add the heavy cream and vanilla and whip on low speed bubbles form then on medium speed until the cream starts to thicken. Gradually add the confectioners sugar and keep whipping until soft peaks are formed. Since we are adding to the pan and then refrigerating, the soft peaks will work.
Add the cream layer on top of the strawberry filling, top with sliced strawberries and return your no bake strawberry cream pie to the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour before removing the springform ring. You could also use stabilized whipped cream (use the chantilly cream instructions but add 1 Tbsp softened cream cheese – I usually whip my cream cheese before adding to the thickened whipped cream) for this layer, but I would still have refrigerated that version to completely ‘gel’ everything in place.
*For easier removal from the springform pan (especially if you lined the ring with strawberry slices as pictured, use cling wrap to line the inside of the pan and butter the bottom portion of the cling wrap where it will touch the graham cracker crust.
No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 c butter (melted)
- 3 oz strawberry jello (1 3 oz package)
- 2/3 c water (boiling)
- 1/2 c water (cold)
- 1/2 c ice cubes
- 8 oz Cool Whip (1 8 oz container)
- 4 c strawberries (fresh, chopped)
Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In your stand mixer bowl or a food processor, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the melted butter and mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Transfer to a 9 inch springform pan and press the crust into the bottom of the pan to form an even bottom crust layer. Place pan and crust in the refrigerator while making the strawberry filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the strawberry jello and boiling water and stir until the granules are completely dissolved. Add the cold water and the ice cubes and stir until the jello thickens. Once the jello has started to thicken, whisk the Cool Whip in until creamy and fluffy. Stir in the chopped fresh strawberries.
- Transfer the strawberry filling to the springform pan, pouring it over the graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until the strawberry filling layer has thickened and is firm.
- Add the Cool Whip topping (or make your own Chantilly Cream or Stabilized Whipped Cream in the notes above). Arrange sliced strawberries on the top and return to the refrigerator for at least one hour before removing springform ring.