This Pico de Gallo recipe is my husband’s favorite of them all, just enough kick from the jalapeno without overwhelming all of the deliciously fresh ingredients! It is quick and simple, and garnishes your Mexican, Spanish, or TexMex dishes perfectly. Best of all – it is super fresh!!
The recipe calls for only small amounts of the tomato, onion, and jalapeno but that is simply because we make it on demand for any given meal.
Scale the recipe up for larger servings with the same great flavors!
Whatever you may have leftover will refrigerate well in an airtight container, and in fact tends to taste better on day two after all of the ingredients have taken in their combined juices. So, day one and two are fantastic…and our Pico de Gallo never lasts longer than that 😉
Taco Night Essentials
- Ground Beef Taco Meat
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Authentic Salsa Verde
- Pico de Gallo (this page)
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Crock Pot Recipe (Mexican Pulled Pork)
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- Creamy Guacamole
Pico De Gallo Recipe
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1/3 red onion (chopped)
- 1/3 jalapeno pepper (seeds removed, chopped finely)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro (coarse chopped)
- 1/8 lime
- 1/2 tsp each, salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Combine chopped tomato, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro. Squeeze juice from lime portion into mixture, add seasoning: salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir well until all ingredients are coated with lime juice and seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!