Slow Cooker Three Bean and Beef Chili
I love using leftover chili for so many things – and this Slow Cooker Three Bean and Beef Chili makes a superb chili dinner so quick and easy…and leaves plenty for leftover meal plans! I think I tend to be craving a chili omelette when I get this slow cooker meal started up. It never disappoints 😉
If you need a vegetarian or vegan version, this is just as good with the ground beef omitted and served as a 3 bean chili (cheese and sour cream toppings optional). Also, my base beans for any chili are kidney and black beans (my third – or more – bean choices are usually based on what I have in the pantry or what I need to use up soon!).
We typically use our homemade chili seasoning mix for this recipe, but store bought seasoning mix packets can work in a pinch too. Simply brown your lean ground beef, strain off any excess fat, then combine the browned ground beef with your chili seasoning and all of the remaining ingredients. Set your slow cooker on low for eight hours and get ready to enjoy this easy family meal!
Last Updated: April 1st, 2017
This super easy slow cooker chili is fantastic any night of the week, and the leftovers are perfect on so many things...omelettes, baked potatoes, chili fries (yumm!!)
- 1 serving homemade chili seasoning mix (see recipe)
- 1 lb ground beef (browned and drained of fat, we prefer 93% lean ground beef)
- 16 oz can tomato sauce (plus a can full of water)
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes (diced, stewed, or crushed work too)
- 15.25 oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 15.25 oz cans dark red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 15.25 oz cans pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 white onion (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp garlic (minced, 2-3 large cloves)
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat, then drain off the excess fat and transfer to your slow cooker.
Add the chili seasoning mix and add remaining ingredients: tomato sauce (and full can of water), tomato paste, diced tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, onion, and garlic.
Stir to combine, then cook on low for 8 hours.