One of the easiest ways to enjoy a tasty meal made from your holiday prime rib roast, is to whip up some delicious Leftover Prime Rib Tacos!
Yes, you can use whatever tortillas you have on hand to make this easier on the prep time and then combine with your favorite taco seasoning, some fresh lime juice, and cilantro. We prefer that our prime rib beef flavor shine through in this dinner meal, so we keep the taco seasoning and extras down to a minimum.
If you’re like me, you’ll agree that re-heated leftover prime rib beef roast is…well, just not the same. So we like to use up all of our leftover prime rib in a fantastic variety of ways! Everything from spicing it up in these quick and easy tacos, to a long slow simmer in our amazingly rich and hearty barley soup, to an unbelievable breakfast hash, and of course, our popular prime rib stroganoff.
What to do with leftover prime rib roast or roast beef??
Enjoy some of my other fantastic leftover prime rib recipes include the wildly popular recipes for Leftover Prime Rib Beef Stroganoff or the post Christmas breakfast dish, Leftover Prime Rib Hash, the rich and heart Leftover Prime Rib Beef Barley Soup with Mushrooms, and our easy to make Leftover Prime Rib Dip Sandwich.
Leftover Prime Rib Recipes
- Leftover Prime Rib Beef Stroganoff (Prime Stroganoff)
- Leftover Prime Rib Hash
- Leftover Prime Rib Beef Barley Soup with Mushrooms
- Leftover Prime Rib Tacos (this page)
- Leftover Prime Rib Dip Sandwich
Leftover Turkey Meals
- Leftover Turkey Curry
- Leftover Turkey a la King
- Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup
Leftover Prime Rib Tacos
- 1 tsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 lb prime rib roast ((see recipe) leftovers, chopped into bite size chunks or strips)
- 2 limes (sliced into wedges, 1 1/2 limes for squeezing into the cooking meat - 1/2 lime sliced into smaller wedges for serving)
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning mix (see recipe, or use your favorite brand)
- 6 flour tortillas (see recipe, or use your favorite brand)
- 1/2 cup mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo (see recipe, or use your favorite brand)
- Bring a large skillet or frying pan with olive oil to medium high heat. Pan sear the chunked pieces of leftover prime rib roast with fresh squeezed lime juice and taco seasoning, stirring occasionally for about 4-5 minutes or until all of the prime rib meat is heated through.
- *You may need to add a bit of water to keep the meat moist after adding the taco seasoning (slowly add water in tablespoon amounts).
- Heat your tortillas (if desired) and add shredded cheese mix, then top with pan seared prime rib taco meat and pico de gallo. Serve with lime wedges and creamy guacamole on the side.